Updated Friday 4/16/2021 3:30 PM
Until further notice, we will be administering the Moderna vaccine ONLY. (Click here to read SSTAR Medical Director, George Maxted’s, summary of the J&J- Janssen- vaccine situation)
Next week (the week of the 19th) SSTAR’s COVID Vaccine Clinic will operate Tuesday through Thursday, 8:30 to 4:30. Tuesday is already booked. Around 4 pm today we will be opening up some online vaccine appointments for next Wednesday the 21st. By this coming Monday afternoon, we will open up additional appointment slots for Thursday the 22nd and for the following Tuesday the 27th . The FDA’s pause on use of the Johnson and Johnson/Janssen vaccine has led to some disruption of the state’s vaccine allocation schedule so we aren’t sure when we’ll be notified of our allocation for next week. We have been provided with sufficient vaccines to book through Tuesday the 27th and hope to have additional vaccine supply by the end of next week. As mentioned above, we will open more vaccine slots Monday and will update this website as well as opening additional appointments as soon as we have confidence in receipt of additional vaccines next week.
NOTE: If you have already submitted the eligibility form, you do not need to fill it out again. You can bypass the eligibility form and access the appointment booking directly by clicking on a link in the email that was generated when you hit the “submit” button on the eligibility form. Search your email inbox for email sender rvelez and look in spam/junk folders if you do not see it in your inbox.
SSTAR’s COVID Vaccine Clinic is currently operating Tuesday through Thursday 8:30 to 4:30.
SSTAR follows the MA state eligibility guidelines but, within those categories, we prioritize our own patients and local residents.
Our vaccine clinic is now open to:
- SSTAR patients who meet the state eligibility requirements.
- People who are not patients of SSTAR but who are in one of the current state priority groups AND are residents of:
- Fall River
State Priority Groups
In addition to the previously designated priority groups, as of April 5th individuals 55 and older are eligible. Adults of any age with at least one of the conditions below are also now eligible to receive the vaccine.
- Chronic kidney disease
- Chronic lung disease including COPD, moderate to severe asthma, interstitial lung disease, cystic fibrosis, and pulmonary hypertension
- Diabetes (Type 1 or Type 2)
- Dementia or other neurological conditions
- Down Syndrome
- Heart conditions, such as heart failure, coronary artery disease, hypertension or cardiomyopathies
- HIV infection
- Immunocompromised state (weakened immune system) from solid organ transplant.
- Overweight and obesity (body mass index [BMI] of 30 kg/m2 or higher)
- Sickle cell disease or thalassemia
- Smoking – current or former
- Solid organ or blood stem cell transplant
- Stroke or cerebrovascular disease which affects blood flow to the brain
- Substance use disorders
You must provide
- Email address
- Cell phone number for text communication
- Insurance Information
If you do not have access to this technology, you can phone SSTAR to book an appointment.
Complete Eligibility/Attestation Form by clicking the link.
Complete the form and click SUBMIT to get access to the appointment booking. It will ask for your email address. When you complete the form and hit SUBMIT it will bring you directly to the appointment booking AND will send an email to the address you put on the form.
Submitting the eligibility form will generate an email from rvelez. Check other folders – spam, junk, other if you do not see it in your Inbox.
That email has two purposes:
- You need to show this email on your mobile device or a printed copy when you come to the clinic for your vaccine.
- There is a link at the top of the email that will bring you directly to the booking site. Use this link if you were unable to book an appointment after submitting your eligibility form and you don’t want to fill out the eligibility form again.
As mentioned above, once you hit SUBMIT at the bottom of the online eligibility form it will bring you directly to the appointment booking site. There are about five questions on the booking site. If there are no available appointments, you can keep checking by accessing the booking site through the email you were sent upon submittal of your eligibility form.
When you successfully book an appointment, a text message will be sent to the cell phone number you provided. This is your appointment confirmation. In that text is a link to enable you to very easily cancel your appointment if, for example, you found an appointment sooner at another site. Please be sure to cancel so you can free up the appointment for someone else who needs it.
Primary Health Care
Located at 400 Stanley St in Fall River, the Family HealthCare Center at SSTAR has expanded to a family medicine model, serving all people from infancy through adulthood. read more
ARISE (Addiction Recovery in Supportive Environment) is an approach to engaging reluctant drug and alcohol dependent individuals into treatment using an “invitational” model of intervention… read more
Open Access Center
Making it easier for you to get the treatment you need, when you need it. We’ve re-designed how we do things. No appointments – just walk right in for immediate access to services and, of course, our signature quality of care, for you, the people we serve. Click here for more information, group schedules, and how to get started.