Appointments available for SSTAR Children’s Vaccine Clinic Saturday November 20th, 9 AM to Noon.
- We will be administering the Pfizer vaccine formulated for children ages 5-11 years
- This is a two-shot series. You will be provided with the 3-week (December 11th) follow-up appointment when your child receives the first dose.
- Call SSTAR at 508-679-5222 for information and to make an appointment
- Children must be accompanied by a parent who will need to show their ID and sign the consent form
More Information from the CDC about the Pediatric Vaccine:
Effective 11/2/2021, CDC recommends Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine for children ages 5-11 years. The Pfizer pediatric (5-11 years of age) vaccine formulation:
- Comes as a multiple dose vial with an orange cap and a label with an orange border
- The vials and cartons state ‘for age 5 years to <12 years’
- Must be diluted
- Primary series of 2 doses (0.2 mL each) 3 weeks apart in individuals 5 through 11 years of age
- Is NOT interchangeable with the 12 and older formulations
- See the Factsheet for preparation and administration information
CDC webpage on COVID-19 Vaccination for Children 5-11 Years Old