Project Aware provides no cost STI testing and treatment, PrEP navigation, Hep C navigation, HIV case management, as well as street outreach to Latinx communities. We provide low barrier medical and substance use treatment from an RV on the streets of Fall River and New Bedford.
- STI Counseling and Testing: Project Aware offers free and confidential sexual transmitted infection testing and counseling and treatment for HIV, HEP C, Syphilis, Gonorrhea, Chlamydia. We also provide free condoms and lube and harm reduction supplies.
- HIV Case Management: Project Aware case managers work with each person to support them to achieve their best quality of life. Services include access to benefits, medication management, housing and transportation support and utility assistance. We are here to help you thrive with HIV/AIDS.
- Mobile Health Team: We bring our services to you! We provide STI testing, primary health care, targeted harm reduction and substance services use in Fall River and New Bedford. Hours and locations vary. Call 508-558-3548 for information.
- Fuerza Latina: Uso de Sustancia y Salud Mental. Gratis Consejeria, Prueba rapida de VIH
“Que tus sueños sean mas fuerte que tus miedos.” Our Fuerza Latina program provides culturally competent STI testing, substance use and mental health treatment to Latinx communities in the Southcoast. “May your dreams be stronger than your fears.”
- Hep C Navigation: Project Aware provides intensive care coordination for patients who are diagnosed with Hep C to get you treated quickly and with respect.
- PrEP Navigation: PrEP is a once-a-day pill that helps prevent HIV infection. We help patients schedule appointments for PrEP and access medication assistance to pay for PrEP. Click here for more information.
- Harm Reduction Services: No appointment needed. Drop-in services are available for syringe access and disposal, Narcan, harm reduction supplies and more. Services are free and confidential.
Call for an appointment 508-679-3561.
Monday – Friday
8:30am – 4:30pm
Project Aware: 508-679-3561
Fuerza Latina: 774-322-6975
Mobile Health Team: 508-558-3548
Michael CurrierProgram Director, Project Aware
Erica BarrattFNP, Family Health Care Center
Jack ShipleyPrEP Navigator, Project Aware
“If I could give this place 100 out of 100 I would. Highly recommended!!! They helped me turn my life around and get my kids back. They believed in me until I believed in myself. And for that I am eternally grateful.Thank you to my Sstarbirth family 💜”– Tara D.
I’ve been with sstar for almost 2 years now and I’ve only ever had one problem and it was taken care of right away and I haven’t had a problem since. I would gladly recommend sstar to anyone trying to get clean the staff at Sstar has been my main source of support and I’m very grateful for them.– Angee R.
Sstar helped me save my life 7 plus years ago. Pretty sure it’s the only detox that you can still smoke cigarettes at. Which was a plus when I detoxed. The staff are amazing, and care about you and want to see you succeed. When the pandemic hit, and IOP and groups had to close, Sstar acted fast to set up programs to still be able to help people. I utilize the groups they use on Zoom, and they have helped me, but I can’t wait til they can be in person again! They have helped me with mental health, addiction, everyday issues, as well as when I’m sick. I have made friendships over the years, and Sstar has its own little community of support. It’s worth it! They are everyday life savers, that deserve more recognition then what they get! Forever grateful for all the support from my army at Sstar! 🙏🏼💜– Andrea O.
“They are in the business of saving lives. Saved mine thank you.”– Jeffrey G.
“People are SO well taken care of here. The level of kindness and compassion is over and above.”– Anonymous
News & Updates
In Honor of Asian and Pacific Islander Month
In continued celebration of Asian and Pacific Islander Heritage month, the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee invites you to click on the link below is for an interactive zine (a…
Project Red and Black
Project Red and Black at B.M.C Durfee High School in Fall River, MA, is an interdisciplinary service-learning program that allows students to become engaged citizens. The students spend time learning…
In Honor of Asian/Pacific Islander Heritage Month
Here’s a guided meditation: The Ritual Of Crying by Naoko Wowsugi – a great way to take a short break during the work day (minus the Mamaki tea unfortunately).
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee
The Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee would like to invite everyone to celebrate Asian and Pacific Islander Heritage month. There is a rich heritage of literature, film, music and poetry…